Attorney Richard H. Marcus serves as of counsel at Jakubs ∙ Wigoda, LLP in the area of domestic relations law. Regularly representing clients in divorce, paternity, and guardianships, he is principal at the Law Offices of Richard H. Marcus and Director of the Metropolitan Family Law Clinic. Mr. Marcus's professional experience also includes appointment as an adjunct professor, staff attorney, and supervising attorney of the Family Law Clinic at the Law Offices of Chicago-Kent College of Law.
Mr. Marcus has litigated cases in both state and federal courts, and has successfully argued cases before both. In addition, he has represented numerous not-for-profit corporations and associations, including the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Travelers Aid Association of America, The Hebrew Benevolent Society of Chicago, and the Hemophilia Foundation of Illinois.
- DePaul University College of Law, Juris Doctor with Honors, 1975
- University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana, Bachelor of Science with Highest Honors, 1972
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Professional Affiliations & Community Involvement
- Wilmette Park District, President (April 2001 - December 2003); Commissioner (1997, 2001, and 2005)
- Hebrew Benevolent Society of Chicago, general counsel and current board member
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, served as Vice-President and current board member
- Illinois Center for Violence Prevention, current board member
- Hemophilia Foundation of Illinois, served as board member
- Youth Resource Foundation of Wilmette, served as board member